Life Insurer Information
Zurich Life Insurance is provided by the Australian arm of a global company called Zurich Financial Services Group. Zurich acquired Commonwealth General Assurance Corporation (CGA) in 1961, continuing CGA’s tradition of providing coverage to Australians. CGA covered Australians who become disabled or injured since first beginning operations in 1920. Today, Zurich Australia continues to offer affordable and comprehensive coverage options to help individuals and families in case of unexpected health issues or untimely deaths. When you need the peace of mind of ensuring you and your loved ones will receive financial help if you get sick or someone passes away, shop for coverage through Zurich Financial Services Group.
- 2013 Best of the Best Awards – Money Magazine
- 2012 Outstanding Value Term Life & TPD Insurance – Canstar Cannex
- 2012 Outstanding Value Direct Life Insurance Australia – Canstar Cannex
- 2011 Outstanding Value Term Life Insurance – Canstar Cannex
- 2011 Outstanding Value TPD Insurance – Canstar Cannex
- 2011 Outstanding Value Packaged Life Insurance – Canstar Cannex
All Protection Plus plans offered by Zurich Life Insurance include:
- Guaranteed future insurability without underwriting at certain times once coverage has been obtained.
- Premium freezes, which make it possible to keep premiums the same without reducing cover.
- Insured child options, providing death benefits, terminal illness benefits, and trauma benefits for each insured child.
- Protection from inflation, since coverage increases yearly with the Consumer Price Index.
Other features vary depending upon policy type. Policyholders and their beneficiaries, for example, may receive a death benefit, terminal illness benefit, accidental injury benefit, and death or trauma buy back benefits to reinstate coverage after claims. It is important to understand the features of the specific Zurich Life Insurance policy purchased so you will know what types of protections you have.
Types of Cover
Zurich Life has a wide range of different coverage options so policyholders can secure comprehensive protection in case of any unexpected tragedies. Coverage options include:
- Term life insurance: Policyholders may purchase coverage with an unlimited death benefit pending underwriting, so you can ensure your family gets as much money as you believe they need. Term life insurance may also be coupled with TPD insurance or trauma insurance.
- Trauma insurance: Trauma life cover will pay in case you become disabled. Money provided by trauma insurance allows you to cover medical bills and other costs associated with sustaining a trauma. Up to $2 million in trauma insurance cover is available and you can purchase a policy for the first time up to age 59.
- Income Replacement Insurance: Up to 75 percent of your income can be protected in case illness or injury prevents you from being able to continue working. Maximum cover is $10,000 and you can buy income replacement insurance for the first time up to age 59.
- Needlestick Insurance: Healthcare workers and others in high-risk professions can receive up to $1 million in coverage in case of diagnosis with a blood borne disease. This type of cover can be purchased for the first time up to age 69.
Death benefit cover ensures your surviving dependents are cared for, but you need several different types of insurance protection to protect yourself and your family in case of any serious medical condition or injury. Shop for a comprehensive policy that protects your income, pays out if you cannot work are diagnosed with a serious illness, and provides benefits in case of terminal illness or death. Each person has different coverage needs, but it is best to err on the side of insuring against all risks that could cause you or your family to experience financial harm.
In 2010 and 2011, Zurich paid out 99.2 percent of customer claims surrounding flooding events. Zurich has an A+ rating from Standard and Poor, which demonstrates the insurer’s capacity to pay claims. General insurance gross written premiums exceed $55 billion for Zurich, and Zurich employs more than 1,000 people within its Australian operations alone.
Zurich provides claim forms for each different type of insurance cover on its How to Make a Claim web page. Claim forms may be printed and completed directly from the website. Multiple forms may be required, including a Claims Declaration, a Physician’s Report, and/or an Authority form allowing the release of Medicare information to the insurer claims provider.
Completed claims forms must be sent to Zurich Financial Services Australia, which can be reached via email, fax, or mail. The fax number is 61 2 9995 3732, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and the mailing address is Zurich Financial Services Australia, Claims Department, Locked Bag 994, North Sydney, NSW 2059.
Policyholders insured through Zurich Life Insurance receive member benefits including interim cover to put coverage in place as soon as applications are submitted; a premium waiver option so no premiums must be paid when disabled, and the option to increase cover each year without the need to provide additional health information. A financial planning advice benefit to reimburse the cost of financial planning is also a service offered to policyholders, and policyholders are eligible for inflation protection so coverage increases annually in line with the Consumer Price Index.
Locations & Contact Info
Locked Bag 994
North Sydney NSW 2059
131 551 (Australia-wide)
Get Started Now:
Step 1: Select your state below.
Step 2: After answering a few questions, you will have the opportunity to compare quotes in your area and could be eligible for significant savings.