Life Insurer Information
Asteron Life wrote the very first life insurance policy in Australia more than 179 years ago. Today, Asteron Life remains a top trusted provider of life insurance throughout Australia. Asteron Life paid out more than $369 million in claims to 6,200 policyholders over the course of last year, providing much-needed help to families facing health crises or the death of a loved one.
Those who want a trusted and reliable life insurance provider offering a wide range of different types of cover can consider Asteron Life to get the coverage they need.
Asteron Life Insurance has been recognized with numerous awards including the following honors and accolades:
- 2012 Service Quality Award – Plan for Life/AFA Awards
- 2011 ‘Risk Insurance Innovation Award’ for Healthy Plus Option – Association of Financial Advisers (AFA)/Plan for Life Awards
- 2011 joint finalist for Trauma Insurance Award – Association of Financial Advisers (AFA)/Plan for Life Awards
- 2011 AFR Smart Investor SMILES Survey Award
- 2011 CoreData ‘Life Company of the Year’ Award
- 2011 Overall Winner – Life Company of the Year (3rd year in a row)
- 2011 Winner – Best Risk Insurance provider for ‘customer service’ and ‘value for money’
Asteron is a specialist insurance provider focused on offering high quality life insurance products that are designed to fit the lifestyles of customers. Asteron became the first major life insurance provider to offer no medical insurance coverage, allowing for a faster application process and more timely approval of your insurance application.
Specialist medical exams and mandatory ECGs are no longer required to obtain coverage and Asteron also allows you to use your own GP for some types of medical exams to secure coverage. Asteron also offers a broad range of Income Protection Insurance Options that require limited or no medical exams.
For those seeking TPD insurance, Asteron has made this process easier as well, reducing its eligibility period from six months to just three months. Claims can be made sooner, providing more immediate protection for you and your loved ones.
Asteron TPD cover, life cover, and income protection policies can be held through Super, including through a self-managed superannuation fund. Additional features include child cover; a waiver of premium options if you become disabled and unable to work; and a financial planning benefit to family members who receive a benefit payment under life cover. Asteron also offers Life Plus, a health and well-being program aimed at helping clients reach personal health and lifestyle goals.
Types of Cover
Asteron Life provides many different types of cover including:
- Life Cover: Policyholders up to 75-years of age can get life insurance with no maximum coverage limits. Life Cover from Asteron also provides up to $10,000 of child coverage premium-free
for each of your children with an adult policy. This ensure those you care about most are protected whether you face an untimely death or whether your children experience a serious injury.
- Income Protection: Income protection can be purchased by those 62 and under to provide coverage in case of a serious illness or injury. Receive as much as 80 percent of your annual pre-
tax salary to ensure your rent and bills are paid when you cope with serious medical issues.
- Total and Permanent Disability Insurance: TPD cover can also be purchased by those 62 and under to provide financial protection in case of a disability. For most white collar occupations,
it is possible to extend this coverage to age 70.
- Trauma Cover: Trauma cover provides up to $2 million in payments if you become afflicted by one of more than 40 serious medical conditions. Trauma cover benefits pay out for a broad range
of mild or major heart attacks, among other medical problems.
- Business expenses: Office rent, utility bills, salaries, and other business expenses can be paid when you purchase up to $60,000 in business expenses insurance from Asteron.
Asteron paid out almost $250 million in claims over the course of 2011. This includes $76.2 million in life insurance benefits; $21.5 million in TPD cover, $59.3 million in trauma insurance, and $91.3 million in income protection and business expense coverage. Asteron has showed consistency in offering high quality service across all service levels, from call center communication to claims processing.
To make a claim on an Asteron Life Policy, you can contact 1800 024 812 or request a claim kit to have a claims representative contact you. Asteron assesses claims as quickly as possible. Many Asteron death claims are paid within a week.
Asteron policyholders are entitled to many benefits and rewards including:
- A $15,000 loyalty funeral benefit to reward loyal customers.
- Health Life Option and Healthy Plus Option, which provide discounts based on health information and other evidence of healthy lifestyle choices.
- A discount of up to 20 percent on life cover premiums for meeting certain lifestyle and health criteria.
- Up to $10,000 in child cover premium-free for each child you have, in the event of a serious illness or an injury.
Locations & Contact Info
Telephone: 1800 221 727 Monday – Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST
Fax: 1300 766 833
Mail: GPO Box 68, Sydney NSW 2001
Location: Level 10, 321 Kent St, Sydney, NSW 2000
Still have questions? Let's talk!
Confused? Not sure if this applies to your situation? Phone us on 1300 904 624 for some free, no obligation advice!